Trenchard Aviation Group, a leading partner in aircraft cabin component design, manufacture, repair
and on-wing maintenance, will demonstrate its new all-digital Atlas On-Wing system at AIX Hamburg.
Developed entirely in-house, in the absence of any comparable system, the proprietary Atlas On-Wing is now enabling Trenchard Aviation Group to offer a range of benefits to its airline clients.
Significantly reducing paper-based tasks and planning, Atlas On-Wing is a web-based application that logs the tasks assigned by the airline, assigns them to specific engineers and specific aircraft, and records completed tasks with associated data which is then sent back to a web portal.
Specific functions include:
- Paperless job generation for engineers
- Central control of maintenance tasks
- Detailed reporting services for current and historical works
- Secure transmission of job data
- Customisable customer portals to look at present and past works
- Single part request collaboration
- Online and offline access via digital tablet
- Initiative job and task completion via tablet
- Instant messaging between engineers and managers
- Approved maintenance data management and central document control
- Critical path management and reporting for the MRO and the customer
By tracking both live and historic jobs, Atlas On-Wing is able to generate instant and significantly more accurate performance and time management reports as well as streamlining communications both within Trenchard Aviation Group and between the Group and its customers.
Based on SSL technology, the system has been designed with a number of security features. All data captured on the tablets used by the maintenance engineers is encrypted and sent to Trenchard Aviation Groups’ own hosted server, where it is held in full compliance with GDPR, and no copy is left on the hand-held devices.
Mark Faulkner, CEO of Trenchard Aviation Group, commented:
“Atlas On-Wing represents a major step-forward for the on-wing maintenance industry. Digitising the
planning and record-keeping means that airlines benefit from major efficiency savings, better reporting and faster communications.”
Working in close partnership with leading airlines, OEMs and MROs worldwide, Trenchard Aviation Group offers one of the broadest ranges of cabin products and services available in the market. Each of the Group’s four complementary businesses has earned an enviable reputation for innovation and service delivery and is able to provide its clients with real and lasting added value.