Location - Crawley
SummaryPosted: October 15, 2019
- Operate an industrial sewing machine throughout all stages of the manufacturing or repair process including using a twin needle machine & overlocker machine
- Be able to follow instructions clearly and have attention to detail
- Need to have the ability to work in a team and alone
- Be responsible for changing machine settings to achieve the correct sewing pitch as directed.
- Responsible for checking, finished work matches pattern or samples and is of a high quality
- Carrying out basic maintenance, such as cleaning and oiling machines
- Follow health and safety guidelines set out by the company.
- Carry out other duties as required to assist with the smooth running of the cell
A good understanding of spoken English 2 + years’ experience in using a sewing machine.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as Drawings, safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure.
Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications.
Ability to analyse and solve problems.
Sewing machine experience
Good organisational skills.
Willing to be flexible and adaptable
Ability to work under pressure and to a tight deadline
Lean manufacturing and continual process improvement experience.
Knowledge/understanding of part 21G, 145 and ISO/2008 certification