Dry Cleaning Operative
Location - Crawley
SummaryPosted: September 24, 2019
- To receive and weigh aircraft seat cover, ensuring that correct load sizes according to dry cleaning machinery manufacturer’s specification.
- Date stamp each cover with date of cleaning.
- Pre-spotting. Spot clean heavily soiled marks.
- Put load into dry cleaning machine and set controls to specification.
- Unload machine when cleaning cycle has completed.
- Inspect covers for damage and any remaining soiling. Re-clean as necessary. Advise Cut and Sew Supervisor of any damaged covers.
- Perform fire tests. Record results and sign documentation. Advise the Office Administrator of results of the Fire Tests.
- Fold and pack seat cover kits and place into storage.
- Complete documentation: record customer’s dry clearing poundage and pass the records onto the Office Administrator.
- Safe and tidy storage of dry cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained to specification. Liaising with other parties to organise maintenance, where necessary.
- You may be asked to perform other activities within the Crewe Cut & Sew operations and a job description and training will be provided for those activities.
- Safe manual handling techniques
- Spot cleaning techniques
- Safe operation and storage of dry cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Previous competence gained using dry cleaning equipment
- Removing stains/spot cleaning
- Neat and tidy packing
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work to procedures and specifications
- Work within a team