Location - London Heathrow Airport
SummaryPosted: January 2, 2020
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced, highly motivated, flexible Carpet Technician for our day shift during an exciting period of growth within the group.
This role will be for our sister company, Aero Technics.
The successful candidate will be working 7.00am-17.00pm Monday to Thursday weekly.
Repair aircraft seats and other non-electrical aircraft interior components. To CMM, SB and Part 145 regulations/standards
· Complete seat work sheet and file Job I.A.W 145 standards
· To cut & over lock and fit aircraft carpets
· Ensure all work is carried out to the relevant quality standards both from a customer requirement and CAA compliance
· Ensure all necessary documentation is completed accurately, in a timely manner and available at all times for auditing purposes.
· Take full responsibility for quality of workmanship and working practices within the cabin
· Take full responsibility for tools and materials, ensure they are fully accounted for and any discrepancies are reported immediately
· Carry out work in a timely manner
· Be responsible for your own health and safety and for that of your colleagues as set out in the Health and Safety Policy
· Follow all necessary security procedures both within the Hangar and airside
· To perform the job in line with the Company’s policies and procedures which may be obtained from your supervisor, department manager or the Quality Manager
· If required support the Gatwick Hangar Engineering team
· City and Guilds in an appropriate engineering and/or aviation subject
· Previous experience as a mechanical fitter
· Light engineering tools and practices Mechanical fitting
· Part 145 regulations and standards
· Safe working practices
· Driving licence
· Be good at communication & a team player
· Pro-active & self motivated
· Well organised
· Able to follow written and verbal instructions and procedures
In return, the successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary and will also accrue annual leave in line with their length of service to the company - and many more benefits!
If you feel this role is for you, do not hesitate to apply!